Whole Measures Workshops:
"The Whole Measures training was experiential in the best sense of the word. We learned by doing, we learned from each other and we learned from the expertise of the facilitators. Our imaginations and creative thinking caps were well exercised throughout the program, with a healthy focus on how to apply the Whole Measures model to our particular needs. Whole Measures is a down to earth tool for organizations and communities who want to approach strategic planning in a more inspired way."
-Cindy Heath, Executive Director, GP RED (Research, Education, and Development for Health, Recreation, and Land Agencies)
- August 20-23, 2013
- workshop begins at 4 pm on the 20th and ends at 1 pm on the 23rd
- Faculty: Jeanette Abi-Nader, Mohamad Chakaki and Curtis Ogden
- Location: Center for Whole Communities, Fayston, VT
- Tuition: $695 Early Bird Discount until May 31, 2013 (other offers and discounts cannot be used in conjunction with the early bird discount)
- Tuition after May 31, 2013
- Non-Profit (annual budget under $1 million): $850
- Non- Profit (annual budget $1 million and over): $1,050
- Foundation: $1,350
- visit the registration page for more information)
Whole Measures Workshop Curriculum
In collaboration with Interaction Institute for Social Change we have created a workshop that explores the ten values-based practices detailed in Whole Measures. The workshop is designed to introduce the concepts and values of the Whole Measures framework within the context of a leadership development and collaborative change training.
Before going deep on the Whole Measures evaluation tool, the workshop curriculum focuses on leadership practices that are required in order to effectively implement the Whole Measures approach. The workshop experience will combine learning the groundbreaking content of Whole Measures with the skills of design, planning and facilitation, transformational leadership, and the practice of dialogue.
This experience is particularly well suited to those charged with engaging diverse stakeholders in a community or organizational change initiative.
In this workshop you will learn the fundamentals of:
- What it means to be a healthy, whole community
- Approaching your work from a systems perspective
- Embodying transformational leadership
- Convening and facilitating conversations that matter
- Using the Whole Measures evaluation tool
- Designing collaborative change processes, including anwsering these questions:
- What do we value, and what are the practices that advance those values?
- Who are the key stakeholders for this change effort and how do we involve them in decision-making?
- What is the ultimate goal of our change effort and what is the process we will use to get there?
Location and Logistical Details
We will be offering numerous Whole Measures workshops this year. Whole Measures at Knoll Farm will be residential and the $750 registration includes room and board at the beautiful retreat center of Center for Whole Communities. Whole Measures at IISC in Boston includes lunch but not accomodations.
Please visit CWC's registration page for more information about cost and payment options for Whole Measures at Knoll Farm.
Feel free to call or email us with any questions (Tatek Assefa, Program Coordinator, 802-496-5690; firstname.lastname@example.org).